Event Phone: +44 1923 606 255
Portsmouth February 10-11, 2018
We are not just looking for advanced dance groups to represent the UK at World Championship. We have built the UK’s #1 platform and we are looking to create future champions. That’s why we are throwing the doors wide open for:
- Unique groups with their own special flavour
- Individual dancers wanting to express themselves
- Anyone looking to learn new skills and improve their dancing
and, of course,
Anyone looking to have a lot of fun.
Hip Hop International UK is now OPEN for more than 6 different categories offering the following opportunities:
- Get more Trophies and Awards from one of the most prestigious dance brands in the world (up to 5 places in each category)
- Become Champion of your region
- Qualify for UK Hip Hop Dance Championship 2018 with a chance to skip the prelims!
- Earn points for National Best Dance School Award (see the details here)
- Gain more experience while getting ready to take on the world;
- Have a lot of fun at after parties, workshops, crazy dance battles and more
For more detail on categories click here
Better Value Overall with All Inclusive Entry Fees
Now everything is included. It’s just one flat fee for participants (spectators, even cheaper). Easy, smooth and fulfilling! Enter as many categories and divisions as you want… no additional charge!!! (of course, if you just want to enter a single category that is possible)
Please note: We reserve the right to combine or split divisions if needed
Choreographed Group Dances
- unFORMAT – any style of dance: hip hop theatre, ballet, jazz, contemporary, ethnic, etc.
- Beginners Teams: from 5 – 14 participants
- Intermediate Teams: 5 – 14 participants
- Crews: 5-9 participants in the u13 (Junior), u18 Varsity) and 18+ (adult) categories
- MegaCrews: from 15 – 40 participants
- Premium Edition (30+ years old)
- 2v2 All Styles
- 3v3 TRASH!
- 1v1 Popping
- 1v1 Locking
- 1v1 Hip Hop
- 5×5 Crew Battles
*solos and duos have been cancelled for this year
Awards and trophies up to the first 5 places in each Crew / Team / MegaCrew category.
Advanced Battlers/Teams will get £150 for 1st place and £50 for 2nd place per person. IMPORTANT: Cash prize is available only for battle categories with 16 or more dancers/teams battling
All other battles/jam categories will be awarded our exclusive HHI Medals or plaques plus regional and national bragging rights.
Nation’s Best Dance School Award:
We are very excited to continue the brand new UK Best Dance School Award, earned by the most active, and successful dance studio in Great Britain. Unlike ‘voting’ based awards The Nation’s Best Dance School is earned by scores for participation, e.g. for the number of people participating, competition results, etc.
We established this Award because very often just crew members and dancers are recognized or appreciated. The important people who helped the dancers to achieve success (dance teachers, choreographers, dance schools, dance companies) stay in the shadow. To prepare not just one, but several crews and/or battlers is a very hard work. We want to recognize those dance studios, dance teachers, dance companies, and choreographers who get great results.