UK Hip Hop Dance Championships – Volunteering
ONE Country, ONE Team
The UK Hip Hop Crew Championships, presented by idance® is the premier street dance event in the UK. It is a multi-day, live event featuring the best and showcasing the most technical and impressive dancers from all areas of the United Kingdom, in a breathtaking and exciting face-off to see who will be national champions and have the honour of representing the United Kingdom at the World Hip Hop Championships in America. We are united under concept “ONE Country, ONE Team”
We are recruiting for volunteers to join our National Finals Team in Portsmouth over the weekend of Saturday April 18 and Sunday April 19 2015. If you are passionate about hip hop and street dance this is a great opportunity for you particularly, if you are interested in event management dance festivals and events or just want a volunteering opportunity.
Activities may include:
- assisting with venue set-up
- registering competitors
- assisting audience members with questions and seating
- coordinating workshop artists and participants
- acting as backstage runners, box office assistants, time keeper etc.
What do we expect of Volunteers?
Must be hard-working, a quick learner, pro-active and passionate, quality and about hip hop.
In addition we require:
- A commitment of up to 22 hours over the competition weekend (Friday April 17 8:00pm for training to Sunday 18:30pm)
- Must be Reliable and Punctual
- Must be outgoing and friendly
- Must be able to react quickly with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- We will consider volunteers who are not available the entire weekend
What will I need to provide?
- Details of two referees
- One form of photo ID
- A recent, clear DBS check is desirable but not essential
What you can expect from us
- An introduction to the UK Hip Hop Dance Championships with your explanation of your role.
- Training related to your responsibilities as a volunteer.
Dates of Volunteering
Training will take Place Friday April 17 2015. Time to be confirmed. Volunteering opportunities from 8am -10pm April 18, and Again from 9:00am – 18:30 April 19th. We would like volunteers present for both days.
How to apply
Please complete the online form, answering the questions as best you can and in your own words.
The deadline for application is 11.59pm on April 16 2015.
From time to time we receive lots of enquiries for volunteering and unfortunately aren’t able to accommodate everyone.
- Have a look at the Hip Hop International Website and Facebook Pages before you apply
- Answer all questions completely and thoughtfully
- Give us specific examples wherever possible, this might include paid work, personal projects, activities in your spare time or previous volunteering
- Check through your writing for mistakes or typos
You can complete your application on the form below: